M.A.T.H. Tips: Vol. 10
Listen Up! Grab your headphones and enjoy these podcasts on your next walk, commute or long drive!
- Talk Nerdy – Interviews with a range of scientists and other interesting people. https://soundcloud.com/talk-nerdy
- Women in Math: The Limit Does Not Exist – Podcast featuring biographies and interviews with women mathematicians. http://apple.co/2tcZNwz
- Stuff you should Know -Podcast covering how things work from genes to landfills. http://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts
- The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure – Hans Magnus Enzensberger, Rotraut Susanne Berner (Illustrator), Michael Henry Heim (Translator), A young boy learns to love mathematics through dreams.
- Proof: The Science of Booze – Adam Rogers, Delve into the science behind the production and refinement of alcohol.
- Sync – Steven H. Strogatz, The story of the mathematics behind synchronization in systems large and small.
Try these recs on your next evening of taking in a new movie.
Eureka – TV show about a secret small town of geniuses and their down to earth sheriff.
The Code -The Story of Math – Documentary about the power of numbers and the story of Math.
The Theory of Everything – The romance of Cambridge University student, and future physicist, Stephen Hawking with fellow collegian Jane Wilde.
- Student Preparedness
- Class Setup Guidance
- Just-in-time adaptive tools
- Expertise from MHE and a network of your peers
New Co-Requisite Courses and Tools are now available.
- Co-Requisite support courses in Connect Math Hosted by ALEKS for College Algebra, College Algebra w/Trig, Statistics and Quantitative Reasoning
- Co-Requisite support courses in ALEKS for College Algebra, College Algebra w/Trig and Quantitative Reasoning
- Co-Requisite workbook for College Algebra
- Co-Requisite workbook for Statistics
- Co-Requisite workbook for Quantitative Reasoning
Contact Kim Marsden Moreno, Director of ALEKS Implementation email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Try some science themed wine with “Educated Guess.” The label has a story of its own and will launch conversation before the bottle is opened. http://www.rootsrundeep.com/educated_guess.html
- You never knew you needed a Klein bottle bottle opener… until now. http://bit.ly/2ro8qEk
- Cool math tumblers for lounging by the pool. http://bit.ly/2rnRvBE
- Advertise your skills with a Math Whisper T-shirt. http://bit.ly/2pHByZQ